Apr 14, 2013

April 14, 2013

It's a quiet Sunday morning in the Gowdy house, all is well! We officially have [according to the government] 3 adults living in our home! Taylor had his 18th birthday yesterday and it boggles my mind that he is of voting and drinking age! Seriously...how fast did that 18 years fly by! I can vividly remember events when he was a toddler...just as if it was yesterday! Whereas I have a hard time remembering yesterdays events! Oiy...the brain is a funny place to visit!

He celebrated with his besties on Thursday night, so nice when a school long weekend conveniently falls on your birthday weekend! These guys are like family! The have all grown into fine young men over the years, and I have lovingly called them my "Basement Boys". At any given time on a weekend, one or all could be found in the basement...I love hearing their laughter while going about my day or night!

The Basement Boys

Last year we had a special cake made for Taylor that was a huge hit! It was a Friday 13th themed cake! Bill and I felt his 18th birthday deserved an equally fun cake! This is the cake that Donna Kirkland Green made was fabulous! She makes cakes form her home and is genius! I an so happy I found her, it's such a treat to present fabulous cakes!



How fun is this? The perfect cake for an 18 year old guy! We surprised him with a visit to work. His boss was in on the surprised and we got him good with his co-workers singing Happy Birthday! Taylor is easily embarrassed when put on the spot...a wonderful shade of red!

Happy Birthday Taylor! Love you so much!

2 comments:

Jayme said...

Happy birthday Taylor!!! And I didn't think the cake last year could be topped, but I was wrong! Well played, parents. Well played!

Jayme said...

Happy birthday Taylor!!! And I didn't think the cake last year could be topped, but I was wrong! Well played, parents. Well played!