Mar 6, 2014

March 6, 2014

I seem to always start my blog posts with "I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted"! Seriously though it is true! My good intentions get overruled by life! Maybe this will be the year that I improve on my BLOG skills...seeing how we are already into month #3, I wouldn't place any bets on me!

Regardless I am here, and I am sharing my layout created using Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine's March Sketchy Challenge! Love this sketch provided by Sue Sykes and I stayed true to her design. No flipping or rotating as I often do!

I used papers from the DCWV Vintage Collector stack. I ADORE all the papers, colours and embellishments offered up with this collection. I find myself going to it often to add to projects I have been creating! A little May Arts Ribbon, Stampin Up's chevron punch and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L were some of the added touches to the layout.


I love how it turned out and adore the subject! Sadly we had to put Java to sleep in January, this will be a well loved memory of her cherished life! She was such an amazing, gentle soul.

3 comments:

Sue Sykes said...

Love your take, Kim - and so sad to hear about Java! Big hugs...xoxo

KellyCreates said...

A wonderful layout…. and remembrance of Java!! Love the hearts and combo of patterned papers :)

mow180 said...

It is a beautiful tribute to Java, Kim, but it makes me sad because the same hard decision is in my near future. It is hard to say goodbye to such a loyal friend, Hugs.