Aug 1, 2014

August 1, 2014

August 1st already! Summer is moving right along! Here's hoping July's weather is a preview of August! So gorgeous, lots of sunshine...just WOW! Although I'd like it just a tad cooler, I won't complain because I'd rather this than -30C any day! Fortunately I can find air-conditioning at work and other places if I truly need  a break!

One thing about me and heat, it kind of sucks my energy, so I haven't been overly creative...too hot to sit in my craft room when the house feels like an oven. Still managed to get my "homework" done and worked on the Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine's August sketch.

Sketch Design by Sue Sykes.
For whatever reason this was a tough sketch for me...I'm not sure why. From start to finish it tested my abilities, guess that's why we call it a Sketchy Challenge! I saw it through and am satisfied with the results despite not wanting to use this design again.


I pulled out lots of Stampin Up papers: cardstock, patterned papers, and vellum metallics. I adore these metallic, pattered vellum sheets and can see lots of potential use! They are the hearts and stripes papers on my layout.

I like to try to use up some older pieces from my [ever growing!] stash along with new product. Here I pulled out some old Riff Raff chipboard and painted it with Viva Decor's Inka Gold paints [LOVE!] and some quotes I had left over from Tattered Angels - they just seemed to fit! Of course Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L keeps it all together...always!

Thanks for stopping by. Drop by Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine's Sketchy Challenge throughout the month to see how others have used the sketch or of course to upload your layout!

Happy August!

No comments: