Jan 29, 2012

January 29, 2012

Here we are...two days from the end of January! One more month of winter under our belts and into 29 days of February! Yup...it's a leap year!

January has been a pretty good month! Despite one week of nasty winter cold, the trend has been milder than usual...I LIKE that! The days are longer and brighter and with that my energy seems to be increasing! YAH! I love leaving work at the end of my day and driving home in daylight!

Taylor finished his last exam of his 1st semester on Friday. I know he is glad to have the monotony of studying and writing exams done, I am anxious to see how his marks come back!  New Semester starts this Wednesday...with Chemistry, L.A.,  Social & Mechanics! A  full course load indeed! May he stay focused as the weather starts to improves!

Bill has been busy as usual with work and spending much of his limited spare time practicing on his keyboard! I think he's doing great considering the length of time since he last played {35+ years!}. I can recognize what he is playing...and Camp Town Races rocks our family room most nights!


I have been getting some scrapbooking done after a month or two of very little time! It continues to be a hobby I love! It just falls so nicely in place with my love of taking pictures. I'm happy to have a purpose for new and old pictures, instead of just throwing them in an album to collect dust! Bill pulled out some old albums from the basement a few weeks back and I have been trying to re-purpose some of those memories! Many of the pictures no longer have any meaning, so I have also gotten rid of lots! I love to throw out unnecessary garbage! Feels so good! Here are some pages using the "found" pictures! Way more interesting to look at now than in an old dingy album!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Pattern Paper-Stampin Up / Stampin Up border punch / cardstock-Bazzill / Tim Holtz grunge letters / Prima chaulk ink-Raspberry pie / unknown twine / Kaiser Rhinestones / My Mind's Eye-Lime Twist Alphabet / Cricut-bone journal tags





No comments: